Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Is this the one...?

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup yup! Traditional chinese...but I'm planning to force one of my Japanese friends (lalala...) to translate the Hana to Yume stuff for me...the only problem is they sell Hana to Yume in Hong Kong but they don't sell Betu Hana to Yume!! T_____T (Count Cain is serialized in Hana to Yume while the vampire story is in Betsu...) I looked *everywhere* today! Grrrrr wanna read vampire story...............

    Edit: Oh~~lucky! A friend of mine who knows Hong Kong a lot better than I do told me a special place where I can buy Betu Hana to Yume. ^w^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ January 18, 2003 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Crisis ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Lucethira's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2002
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just saying hi, Lady Elanor. Nice to have you join us.

    Oi, I'm behind on manga-reading. Well, it's Friday now, three day weekend!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, Cain is also very cool.(Can't wait reading Volume 4 and 5) ^^
    I think I spammed enough here. *g* Hope Crisis can get the Vampire story. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    By the way a big compliment and thank for all the great translations! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member itsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vampire dude is the splitting image of Kaine and the girl, every Sara lookalike
    neway, this is another Kaori Yuki manga rite? one of her new short story stuff?
    I can hardly wait...

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Breze's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you want it, I suggest you go get it soon. I'm not sure how long an issue of 'Betsu' is on sale for, but 'HtY' is only on sale for about a fortnight, even less in it runs out of stock. Since buying it online is a pain in the neck, you're better off chasing after it now while it may still be in stores.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lady Elanor: I liked boys Next door very much too...in fact I pretty much like all Yuki's works ^____^ I'd have to say that Count Cain is my favorite though.

    Lucethira: Yay for the weekends! I get a three day weekend too ^______^

    Crisis: Yippee for friends! I hope you manage to get the Betu Hana to Yume [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    T__T I go trekking all around Hong Kong looking for this underground store that's supposed to sell Betsu, and when I finally find it, they're sold out! -___- Do you know where I could buy it online, since I'm going to resort to that...I'll try to ask my friend in Japan to get it for me, but I'm afraid that it may be sold out there too. Hmm...and this Japanese dept. store here says that it takes 2 months for Betsu to get to their shop, so I'll only be able to read the vampire story on March 5. Grrr...

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay, back to Japanese language interface; will go look now and see if I can find anything useful... (sweatdrop) I assume they write Hana to Yume with the usual kanji anyway... ^^;;

    Ed: Looks like it's Hana in kanji and Yume in hiragana. There may be such a thing as too much success -- I ended up with 2,231 hits at Amazon.co.jp. @_@ I'm going to try again with the title posted earlier in this thread...

    Re-ed: They don't index magazines by story title unfortunately. Kaori Yuki brings up a lot of titles but they're all books. @_@ I just want a way to find the magazines dagnabbit... Kinokuniya gave me 3200-odd hits on Hana to Yume... but I'm too stubborn to give up yet!

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ January 20, 2003 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are my four best guesses, but they all have Japanese-language interfaces:

    www.kinokuniya.com
    (actually this one has a significant amount of English available)
    www.amazon.co.jp
    www.asahiyausa.com
    www.sasugabooks.com

    Can't do a serious hunt until I get back to a computer with a Japanese interface though...

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Breze's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And here I was under the illusion that Hong Kong has everything... T_T Actually, I have no idea. Normally, I'd suggest looking for your local Kinokuniya store, but assuming you're in Hong Kong, I doubt there is one. I had a look for you online, but no success there, either. Half the links either don't work, only sell second-hand books, or delivers only to Tawain residents. ^^; Sorry, no help here. Maybe you should try some global bookstores. I could try looking here for you, but they only sell about 5 copies per issue at the place I know, so I don't know if they'd be sold out already. Gomen. ;_;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •